My rules for picking brokers:
1. I prefer spreadbetting because it has easier to use platforms and is tax free. But CFDs is equally easy and what hedge funds use such as ours.
2. I prefer brokers that I personally know the CEO, and work with.
3. I prefer brokers which are international and large.
4. Even then, ones I’ve used like MF Global, Bear Stearns (used by my hedge fund) still go under!
5. I advise clients not to have more than £100k in any one broker account
6. [Update] As of June 2017 I am also Brand Ambassador for 24Option, whose CEO and team I have met and were introduced to me by Bloomberg and trust them therefore too myself: www.alpeshpatel.com/24
My favourites are:
Do I Recommend Guaranteed Stop Losses
These and other broker questions you can get the answers from www.alpeshpatel.com/community